Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 1 recap of the Great Ladies Great Places trek

This may seem a bit odd, but if you know me, it is not odd at all.

Over the next few days I will be posting a recap of the trip I just took. I left my computer behind so I did not have a chance to blog. (That is my excuse, but I probably wouldn't have blogged until now anyway) So, here goes.....

Day 1
Well, a bit of back ground first. I have traveled north and south and west of Utah, but (except for a crazy 24 hours in Atlanta) I have not been east. I was so excited to go on this trip. My vacation started the Saturday before we left. I dropped the kids off at my Mom's and enjoyed a whole Sunday alone. It was great. Quiet. Peaceful. Quiet.

Now for Day 1
Monday (June 1) With alot of packed bags and full coolers we pulled out around 6:30am heading east.
The Great Ladies going Great Places
It started raining in Wyoming and didn't stop. The windshield wipers got quite a workout.

Tiffany and I thought this cloud looked like a mushroom cloud.

We arrived safely in North Platte.
The Motel 6 where we stayed even offered a river view (just past the pet part of the parking lot, over a field and down a bank to the river). We enjoyed dinner and free WiFi at Taco John's (Juan's). It was a rough night in a strange place with strange people (I love you ladies). The nap in the car later the next morning was more refreshing. Even with that, we had a great time getting to know each other better and listening to some great music.

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

Not to mention the death-defying trip back and forth across the street for the photo here! So fun!