Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 3 - Columbia, Missouri to Columbus, Ohio

We decide to stop at the St. Louis temple and the Arch since we are driving right through St. Louis. We had a great time finding gas stations while needing a potty break. We enjoyed the neighborhoods and construction that St. Louis had to offer.
After driving the scenic route, (I don't think there is a no-scenic route) we found the St. Louis temple. What a beautiful building.
Cherranne, Tiffany and me at the St. Louis temple.

A magnolia blossom on the temple grounds. You will note the rain drops on the petals and leaves.

Me and the Arch. Very cool place. There is a whole museum below it. We decided to go to the top rather then look around. Karen was very smart and stayed on the ground.

My foot in the Mississippi. Jason told me when I was there that I HAD to put a toe in the Mississippi. The water was warmer then the air.

A ferry docked by the gift shop on the Mississippi
St. Louis from 630 feet up. You can see the Cardnial's stadium. Also, on the left is a cirular hotel. That is where Jason stayed when he was a flight attendant and had a layover in St. Louis.

The view that got my stomach hurting. You can see both side of the bottom. I really should not have looked straight down. I could barely walk after looking. Cool picture though. That's the Mississippi at the top. That is the same spot I put my foot in.

Tiffany and Cherrane in the "pod" we rode to the top of the arch and back again. It was so teeny. We laughed all the way down and were very short on oxygen.

The bridge we took to cross the Mississippi out of St. Louis and heading toward Columbus, Ohio.

As we are driving across

The Waffle House at midnight. We were so tired and not even in Columbus yet. We eat omelets and laughed and we were ready for the last hour of our drive.

1 comment:

Junebug7776 said...

WOW, what an adventure. You are so lucky.