Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Last Book Fair post - I promise



Come Take A Wild Reading Ride To The Book Fair Safari!

Well, the wild ride (for me) is over for a few months. I am a bit relieved and yet disappointed. I had alot of fun seeing all the students and meeting all the teachers. It was a great experience.

We (the PTA) were able to fulfill all the teachers wish list. We gave more then $2300 in books to the teachers for their classrooms. We also gave $800 to the school library. The teachers were grateful and happy.

I had excellent volunteers that helped to make the Book Fair a success. 33 women and 1 man that made my job alot easier. They helped during the fair checking people out and helping locate books. My committee of 3 wonderful ladies: Diana, Alisa, and Laurie spent alot of time and effort doing the decorations, guessing jar, and making sure all the shifts were filled. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Each class from 1st grade to 6th grade came through the Book Fair on their library time. It is great to see the excitment the students show as they discover new books or find favorite old ones.
The parents were also great to see and talk to.
When I called Scholastic to see about the final things I needed to do, I was told that we had made about $1000 more then last years fall Book Fair. I am so glad that it was a succuss.
I am now able to get back in the old routine of laundry and dishes and homework. I look forward to it.

3 comments:

Kazzy said...

You did a fantabulous job! Thanks, friend.

Graciesmom said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your hard work!

Seattle Hawk said...

Congrats Marsha, great job!