Sunday, December 7, 2008

Setting Up Christmas

I'm a bit late writing about it, but we put up our Christmas tree last Wed. night.

I made a huge batch of chili in the crockpot.
The kids warm and snuggly in their jammies. We settled in to set up, decorate and enjoy.

Well, I guess it's not a family gathering with out a little fighting. Jason and Isaac got into it a bit while putting the tree up.


Emma put the star on top for the first time. She was so proud of herself.



Grandma has given each of the kids a new ornament each year. She tries to pick out ones that show what the kids are into at the time. The kids have great fun rediscovering "their" ornaments and finding just the right spot for them on the tree. Hang them on the tree, stand back and admire.



(One thing I learned this year was when the kids leave and it's just Jason and I, we will have maybe 10 ornaments left. I guess that will be a good reason to shop.)

As many of you know, it takes some time to get the tree up, decorate it, admire it, maybe move a few ornaments around, make sure it is right in the middle of the window, etc....some little people get very tired and kranky.

She held up as long as she could.

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

Don't even get me started on the old days when all the kids were around for the ol' tree decoratin'. sniff sniff. It is a great tradition. Poor Emmy!

Dernos dilemma said...

Cute pictures of my kids.It looks like they had a fun time.It's exciting.Love it!