Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank Goodness It's Friday

This morning the boys did not want to go to school.
Josh ran and hid behind the big chair.
"I want to stay home with Emma. I don't want to go to school!!!!!"
Since I am a Mother, I negotiate.
I said "Hey tomorrow you can stay home. Does that sound good?"
He says, "Really Mom? I can stay home tomorrow?"
"Yes. Of course you can." (I'm so nice)
He comes out of hiding. Happy to get his way...tomorrow.
With 4 kids, no negotiation goes unnoticed.
Isaac asks, "Can I stay home tomorrow too?"
I say "Of course." (Still, so nice)
(Sarah is rolling her eyes at me, but thankfully not saying anything.)
They are walking out the door and Isaac's light turns on,
"Hey, tomorrow is Saturday."
I say "Yep, have a good day at school."
And shut the door.

5 comments:

Luann said...

LOL. It's always good when you can stay just half a step ahead of them. That's all you need. :)

Kazzy said...

Nice work! You weren't lying though!

Miss Brandy said...

Awesome. You work that position like a full blown head woman in charge.

Unknown said...

I don't think SNL could have wrote it better!

Seattle Hawk said...

you go girl!