Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home Improvements and Reject Paint

One day Jason and I opened what we thought was a closet and found a bathroom. Yeah! Who doesn't need a second bathroom?? Well, it needed a good scrubbing and new paint. We went to Wal-Mart in search of paint and found this great reject paint for $6. We couldn't decide what the shade of green should be called. I think we have settled on mental institute green. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the new-old bathroom. Once we got the colorful shower curtain up and many bright towels, the color doesn't look so bad.
We are very happy with it.
So is Sarah.
She has claimed the bathroom as her own.

The new bathroom is really quite small, so we had more then half the gallon of reject paint left. Oh, what to paint next? Despite the lovely brown cheap paneling, we settled on the boys room.
After getting the first coat done, I wasn't so sure we had made the right choice. I decided we needed accent colors to make it better. Deciding on navy blue and red. I got this awesome Cricut cartridge called Indie Art and made plans. Plans that included vinyl.
Here is the completed room.
Welcome to
The Bomb Shelter
I used 3 images; the nuclear symbol with a skull in the middle,
a torpedo,
and a mushroom cloud.
Every other image is red and blue.

The boys love it.
I love it.
Mission Accomplished.

5 comments:

Luann said...

I think the bathroom and the bedroom both came together really well. I like that $6 color of yours. :)

Nicely done!

sheri said...

looks awesome Marsha!! I LOVE Indie Art!!

Miss Brandy said...

Absolutely love them!!! You know, our front room, kitchen and one wall in our bedroom are all thanks to $6 reject paint!!!

Seattle Hawk said...

Wow! thats way cool! it looks awesome.

Kazzy said...

Can we come for safety once the big one gets dropped?

Looks great! I love sprucing up these old houses!